Best of ForuMotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best of ForuMotion

A private forum for the judging panel of Best of ForuMotion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UX Competition Response

+6
Super Mega King
Meatshield718
lisa1302
Tilum
Base
Viho1
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Mon May 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Viho1

Undead-Xbox apparently did not display a good "sence of community." You have made it clear that this was our downfall. The problem is that "sence of community" is a criteria in this competition at all. Your job should be to judge the forums just as you would recieve a review on forumotion.com. Its the format that's always been used and makes the most sense. You are not in the position to judge the collective personality of a community, as you are not apart of it and could not make a decision such as that, let a lone 3 people in a matter of days. The fact that this was a category of criteria is stupid, as well as the fact that you derived our "sence of community" from a couple of posts and a PM, and it so negatively impacted our place.

Why not refer to the forumotion standard review template for future contests? It gives a number to rate forums, you could easily review the top forums and place them by rank.

27UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Mon May 30, 2011 10:23 pm

lisa1302

Viho1 wrote:Undead-Xbox apparently did not display a good "sence of community." You have made it clear that this was our downfall. The problem is that "sence of community" is a criteria in this competition at all. Your job should be to judge the forums just as you would recieve a review on forumotion.com. Its the format that's always been used and makes the most sense. You are not in the position to judge the collective personality of a community, as you are not apart of it and could not make a decision such as that, let a lone 3 people in a matter of days. The fact that this was a category of criteria is stupid, as well as the fact that you derived our "sence of community" from a couple of posts and a PM, and it so negatively impacted our place.

Why not refer to the forumotion standard review template for future contests? It gives a number to rate forums, you could easily review the top forums and place them by rank.

The judges have said what they judged it on - you have no right to tell them what they should and shouldn't be using to decide it on.

You have taken this so far now, its beyond a joke.

28UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Mon May 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Viho1

Why do you keep talking to me like your a judge? Nobody is talking to you. I find it hilarious how you keep butting in as if you are somebody. Your kid probably hasn't eaten for days!

29UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Mon May 30, 2011 10:36 pm

lisa1302

So what if no one is talking 'to me' this is open to EVERYONE to discuss this.

You are so rude Laughing My child have just been given a bath and I am in the middle of cooking her, me and Dan lunch while she plays - its called multi tasking and something maybe when you grow a pair of balls and get a life you will learn how to do you little shit.

I am sorry judges for my swearing but he is a little shit, who talks shit like a little kid.

30UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Mon May 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Tilum

Tilum
Milk Man V2.0

You're cooking your child?

My child have just been given a bath and I am in the middle of cooking her,

I'm worried Razz

Also, Viho, i'm not bothering with you anymore - if you want to discuss something send the other two people i spoke to - i liked them.

~ Tilum

31UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Mon May 30, 2011 11:53 pm

mara77

mara77

Tilum wrote:You're cooking your child?

I'm worried Razz

Too funny lol!

32UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 am

lisa1302

Tilum wrote:You're cooking your child?

I'm worried Razz

Also, Viho, i'm not bothering with you anymore - if you want to discuss something send the other two people i spoke to - i liked them.

~ Tilum

Well I could she is quite chubby...how I don't know - I mean I've not the fed the thing for about a week!

33UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 4:31 am

! NICK !

Tilum wrote:

~ Tilum
LMAO

34UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 5:08 am

Super Mega King

@Lisa: We've talked to a judge and have reason to believe that our lower score is based on what Cry Vengeance said in a PM. You can continue to dispute this all you want, but, just so you know, it isn't based on wild accusations and unsound evidence. Also, you continue to say that UX have constantly assaulted you; I disagree. With the exception of viho's comments about your layout, the only insulting was done by Tophat, who has since been punished. I am, however, quite distraught that this competition and UX's questioning of it has caused you to become so distressed and even insult us. I already apologized for accusing you of cheating, but maybe you overlooked that.

@Moderators: Is there any way that you could tell us exactly what was wrong with our aesthetics? Viho1 and another member are always looking for ways to upgrade the site's look. We'd like to improve if we're going to have a shot in future contests!

35UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 6:52 am

Base

Base
Boob Lover!

Well we just felt that the general look of the forum wasn't all that and if you want some advice on your graphics then I suggest for you to request a review on support forum.

https://bestoffm.forumotion.com

36UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 9:30 am

Tilum

Tilum
Milk Man V2.0

Classic ESF staff member's response, push it over to another department. Razz

~ Tilum

37UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 11:17 am

Super Mega King

Base wrote:Well we just felt that the general look of the forum wasn't all that and if you want some advice on your graphics then I suggest for you to request a review on support forum.

So, you're saying that there weren't any obvious, glaring mistakes that can be rectified easily?

I'll be sure to request a review, regardless.

38UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Tue May 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Base

Base
Boob Lover!

Tilum wrote:Classic ESF staff member's response, push it over to another department. Razz

~ Tilum

Very Happy

Well, we judged the forums based on the general look of the forum and first impressions. If you request a design review on the ESF then I'm sure they'll tell you where you went wrong.

https://bestoffm.forumotion.com

39UX Competition Response - Page 2 Empty Re: UX Competition Response Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 am

Darren

I'm a NOOB

Hi all,

The results were finalized, and I did my best to get ux higher ranked then 5th place, as they should of been, however because of the youtube video that you published, that encouraged to vote cheat, we decided to take a few votes out from you guys, then we took into account the words spoken, or rather typed up and published that we all saw - The PM's stayed private, and anyone who was contacted about any complaints have kept those PM's private, upon my request.

The final results were a compromise; for example, mine and base had everyone all over the place, except Babies & All, which both myself & base had in first place. We knew we couldn't give GeekPolice first place, however, we had to comprise to keep everyone in our judging panel happy.

I'm sorry for the positioning on UX, however, that was the final result, which we could of published 24 hours after the poll closed; however we had to have hours and hours of discussions which involved where everyone was placed, and why we wanted everyone where they were.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum